Enclosed a PDF, created by Ingo Hilgefort (Director Solution Management at SAP), which describes on a very detailed level how to select the right SAP Business Objects BI Client product.
Within the PDF a distinction is made regarding selecting
- based on your audience
- based on product capabilities
- based on your business requirements
Without taking away the fun in reading the document, the key take-aways are:
- Your BI Strategy should start with the business requirements, not with the DWH.
- Start by defining your requirements and your desired outcome.
- Focus on the business pain points by area. One use case after the other – not all in once
- Understand your audience. Let them describe their workflow. Listen !
- Remember – Your BI Strategy starts with the business requirements.. Not with the DWH
Enjoy your reading!